Kayhi XC Grand Prix 2021 (4)
Time & Location
About the event
What is a Grand Prix?
Grand Prix is a series of races, in which runners compete for points throughout the series. The top three male and female, plus the top U18 male and female point earners, will win prizes (to be awarded at the completion of the series). You get points for placement in the race, plus points for just showing up! Bonus points available. See below for more information on the point system and prizes.
- Points are awarded to the first 20 men and women in each race.
o 1st place = 100 points
o 2nd place = 95 points
o 3rd place = 90 points
o 4th place = 85 points
o -5 points for each place, down to 20th place = 5 points
- Participation = 10 bonus points for each race you run, in addition to your finishing points
- Run the Gamut = 50 extra points after participating in all 5 races
- Membership Bonus = 50 extra points if you are a KRC member in good standing (one time bonus)
- XC Bonus = 10 bonus points for prospective XC runners (one time bonus)
- Option for volunteer points – contact Katie Sivertsen at (907) 355-1334 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would rather volunteer than run a race; up to 100 points are available through volunteering.
- Prizes awarded to top three male and female point earners, and top U18 male and female point earners.
- Prizes include: Bigfoot Pottery pieces made by Leif Sivertsen for 1st-3rd places, plus free entry in any 2021/2022 KRC race for 1st place point holders.
Please note: plans are still rough at this stage, but here’s a tentative plan. Might add a trail half marathon option for the last week, TBD. Working on it!
- June 29: 2 laps around Ward Lake (roughly 3 miles)
- July 6: Kayhi XC course (Frog Pond out & back, lap around Ward Lake, finish at Ward Creek bridge; 3.1 miles)
- July 13: Salvage Loop (Ward Creek Trail out, Salvage Trail back, roughly 3.3 miles)
- July 20: Kayhi XC “long loop” (Ward Creek Trail out, Salvage Trail back, Pipeline Trail to Tongass Highway, head toward town to Frog Pond Road, Frog Pond Trail back to Ward Lake, back to beach via the road; roughly 7 miles)
- July 27: Perseverance Lake out & back (turn around at bridge, roughly 5 miles)
Questions? Contact Katie Siversten at (907) 355-1334 or email@example.com